We’re a local community group working towards positive climate solutions. Together we can make a better future.
Our guiding principles
- locally focused
- underpinned by science
- impact driven i.e. focused on things that will make a difference
- non-violent with actions or words
- proactively inclusive
- reflective and responsive to feedback
- personally sustainable and supportive
- respectful and non-judgemental communication
- open and honest communication within the group
- reasonableness and practicality
- leading by example
- having fun
As a group, we aim to:
- Increase community education within the Clarence municipality with reference to the science of climate change.
- Increase awareness of how people can take action personally and politically to fight climate change.
- Influence the electoral vote, particularly at a local council level.
- Influence how councillors vote on relevant issues by demonstrating a swell of interest in Clarence City Council’s action on climate change.
- Increase people’s engagement with where they live.
- Broaden community awareness of resources, both local and online.